UK Tequila Forum
Vlla Lobos "Los Hombres" - Printable Version

+- UK Tequila Forum (http://uktequilaforum.co.uk)
+-- Forum: Discussions (http://uktequilaforum.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Member Reviews (http://uktequilaforum.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Thread: Vlla Lobos "Los Hombres" (/showthread.php?tid=298)

Vlla Lobos "Los Hombres" - AgaveGlenn - 01-27-2018

Villa Lobos “Los Hombres”
The kindness and generosity of everyone in the tequila world continues to amaze me and I have been extremely lucky to receive a miniature bottle of “Los Hombres”, the Villa Lobos 10 year old Tequila.
I’ve been drinking Tequila on and off for over 20 years, the last five of which I have become a passionate tequila drinker and one of my favourite is the Villa Lobos range. In my opinion, a great value tasty tequila. I’m not a tequila reviewer and am not one for picking out individual aromas or taste profiles but what I do is know is a good tequila when I try one (and I know a bad one too).
So to make this interesting I have poured out two 25ml samples to taste. The Villa Lobos extra anejo (aged four years) and “Los Hombres” 
The first thing that strikes me is the difference in colour. The XA has with its straw colour compared to LOS HOMBRES which has a much more amber shade to it. Taking in the aromas from both glasses going back from one to the other brings about a startling difference. In comparison the XA is much more subdued with surprises me. The Los Hombres is full of cooked agave with hints of caramel and makes me want to skip “warming up” my palate on the XA! 
So wasting no time I start on the XA swirling it round my mouth. It delicious but my mind is on one thing and one thing only the Los Hombres. I take a break before the Los Hombres and glance at the tasting notes provided by the Villa Lobos team, it promises burnt butterscotch, red pepper, capsicum, cracked pepper and more. As I swirl it round my mouth the first thing I pick up is the wood coming through, although it’s not overpowering. There’s a hint of pepper too.  The flavours linger in my mouth long after drinking.
Los Hombres is a fantastic drink although I admit I couldn’t drink it all night as the flavours are so intense but if you love tequilas aged for this long then put this on your bucket list. It would also make the perfect drink to savour after a meal. The million dollar question is would I buy a bottle? If I could afford it, then yes, but after seeing the prices in the US if it ever does come to the UK it will probably be out of my range. Time to start playing the lottery!

Agave Glenn

Vlla Lobos "Los Hombres" - SipItDontSlamIt - 01-27-2018

(01-27-2018, 02:31 PM)AgaveGlenn Wrote: Villa Lobos “Los Hombres”
The kindness and generosity of everyone in the tequila world continues to amaze me and I have been extremely lucky to receive a miniature bottle of “Los Hombres”, the Villa Lobos 10 year old Tequila.
I’ve been drinking Tequila on and off for over 20 years, the last five of which I have become a passionate tequila drinker and one of my favourite is the Villa Lobos range. In my opinion, a great value tasty tequila. I’m not a tequila reviewer and am not one for picking out individual aromas or taste profiles but what I do is know is a good tequila when I try one (and I know a bad one too).
So to make this interesting I have poured out two 25ml samples to taste. The Villa Lobos extra anejo (aged four years) and “Los Hombres” 
The first thing that strikes me is the difference in colour. The XA has with its straw colour compared to LOS HOMBRES which has a much more amber shade to it. Taking in the aromas from both glasses going back from one to the other brings about a startling difference. In comparison the XA is much more subdued with surprises me. The Los Hombres is full of cooked agave with hints of caramel and makes me want to skip “warming up” my palate on the XA! 
So wasting no time I start on the XA swirling it round my mouth. It delicious but my mind is on one thing and one thing only the Los Hombres. I take a break before the Los Hombres and glance at the tasting notes provided by the Villa Lobos team, it promises burnt butterscotch, red pepper, capsicum, cracked pepper and more. As I swirl it round my mouth the first thing I pick up is the wood coming through, although it’s not overpowering. There’s a hint of pepper too.  The flavours linger in my mouth long after drinking.
Los Hombres is a fantastic drink although I admit I couldn’t drink it all night as the flavours are so intense but if you love tequilas aged for this long then put this on your bucket list. It would also make the perfect drink to savour after a meal. The million dollar question is would I buy a bottle? If I could afford it, then yes, but after seeing the prices in the US if it ever does come to the UK it will probably be out of my range. Time to start playing the lottery!

Agave Glenn

nice review Glenn

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Vlla Lobos "Los Hombres" - Fordi - 01-27-2018

Yes it’s a quality review bud, you should do more as I loved reading it. I bet you were in heaven while tasting and it’s a real privilege that you were sent it from Villa Lobos. The tequila world is a very special place and it’s generosity is amazing.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

RE: Vlla Lobos "Los Hombres" - AgaveGlenn - 01-27-2018

Thanks fella, appreciate the comment.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

RE: Vlla Lobos "Los Hombres" - AgaveGlenn - 01-27-2018

Thanks Steve.
It's a great team behind Villa Lobos. They've been so good to me over the last couple of years.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Vlla Lobos "Los Hombres" - Fordi - 01-28-2018

A top brand with amazing juice too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

RE: Vlla Lobos "Los Hombres" - Yana - 04-04-2018

Thank you for the review. Great!