Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Name a tequila brand you've heard great things about but haven't had chance to try
Maybe a mezcal, raicilla, bacanora, sotol or a destilado de Agave for that matter. The last 2 weeks have caught myself going back to this 51% Abv mezcal from Guerrero that blows the doors off most commercially available tequilas. The nuances and layers of complexity is just astonishing. Saludos
Wow, the list is so long. Just to name a few: Pasote, G4, T1, Alquimia, Embajador, Tears of Lloreno, Siembra Azul, Ocho single barrel anejo. I lied about one of them. Can you guess which one it is!?
[Image: dea42ac867feee5886d8d5aa4bbb9f25.jpg]

I'm kicking myself as Bruxo was at the London Tequila Fest but Jeff at Starmore Boss (bespoke off licence selling everything agave) said this is brilliant. It's made with 100% Espadin agave too.
(09-25-2016, 06:02 AM)Vanguero Wrote: Maybe a mezcal, racilla, bacanora, sotol or a destilado de Agave for that matter. The last 2 weeks have caught myself going back to this 51% Abv mezcal from Guerrero that blows the doors off most commercially available tequilas. The nuances and layers of complexity is just astonishing. Saludos
Azunia
Unfortunately another tequila you cannot get over here.
Just a shot in the dark? Perhaps the brand with the similar name of a distillery that was recently shutdown under a cloud of suspicion. A few people were using social media to dispel the fact. The response we got from COFEPRIS - the gov't agency that took action - was interesting. Contrary to what was being shared on social media. The million litres confiscated was not returned... but then again who are you going to believe? Everything is a conspiracy now a days.

Btw BRUXO is a very nice product. As with the Alipus/Los Danzantes. The people behind both are highly regarded.
Wow, some strange things happening there. Shame though that these things happen. Absolutely kicking myself as Bruxo were at the TequilaFest and I never got round to seeing them. Next year an absolute cert.
(09-25-2016, 10:15 PM)Vanguero Wrote: Just a shot in the dark? Perhaps the brand with the similar name of a distillery that was recently shutdown under a cloud of suspicion. A few people were using social media to dispel the fact. The response we got from COFEPRIS - the gov't agency that took action - was interesting. Contrary to what was being shared on social media. The million litres confiscated was not returned... but then again who are you going to believe? Everything is a conspiracy now a days.

Btw BRUXO is a very nice product. As with the Alipus/Los Danzantes. The people behind both are highly regarded.
Embajador
Well done Lou how'd you guess.

Steve I need to find and article I read on Bruxo. It was written by the some involved with one of two Dutch tequila sites. From memory it was the importers writing the article but don't quote me. They bigger up Bruxo and said which was their favourite of the line.

I was drinking los danzantes on Saturday night. Bottles nearly empty.
(09-26-2016, 06:23 AM)Long Island Lou Tequila Wrote:
(09-25-2016, 10:15 PM)Vanguero Wrote: Just a shot in the dark? Perhaps the brand with the similar name of a distillery that was recently shutdown under a cloud of suspicion. A few people were using social media to dispel the fact. The response we got from COFEPRIS - the gov't agency that took action - was interesting. Contrary to what was being shared on social media. The million litres confiscated was not returned... but then again who are you going to believe? Everything is a conspiracy now a days.

Embajador
No guess- It's been public knowledge. Although they have their own version of what happened, to see this brand on the USA Today Top Craft Tequila Contest, was a big surprise to a lot of people.
(09-25-2016, 07:23 AM)AgaveGlenn Wrote: Wow, the list is so long. Just to name a few: Pasote, G4, T1, Alquimia, Embajador, Tears of Lloreno, Siembra Azul, Ocho single barrel anejo. I lied about one of them. Can you guess which one it is!?
Easy....Embajador!!!
T1 and Tears of Lloreno are high on my list. Ocho Blanco 2007 too!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Siete Leguas Blanco.

Not on the must try list. Terremoto Tequila *cough* flavoured crap *cough* that comes in Churros, Jalapeño Lime, & Mexican Brew. Oh, apparently there is now a 100% Agave silver and gold offering. This particular brand had been on my radar for some time. Because of the bullshit gimmicks. Finally did some poking around on it. Didn't take much research. Guess who's LLC is behind this brand? Ken Austin. Ha. That's right of Tequila Avion. Promoting "shots" and other bullshit for this brand. Now what's interesting about this is is one would have to assume that the majority sale of Avion to Pernod Ricard had to have included some non-compete clause. Makes you wonder what the real story is behind it. KA always pops in on social media to pump up Avion meanwhile this brand is on the backburner... all expressions including the 100% Agave offerings have a submitted formula for entry into USA market meaning minimum 2.5% additives #smellsfishy
Haha love it... should start another thread.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
It really is a head-scratcher. Pernod Ricard allowing another brand (Terremoto) linked to a supposed current partial/minority owner of Avion to compete against it. The stuff comes from NOM1592 (Envasadora de Productos Lidere). Not familiar with that distillery as its fairly new but it appears to be in the Municipio de Jesús María so close to Productos Finos de Agave? And what is even stranger is Absolut Spirits Co./Pernod Ricard USA is acting as Terremoto's importer and distributor. Ha #smellsfishier So who is going to take a hit for the team and buy a bottle of this flavoured stuff
A bottle of hangover if you ask me Guero